Contact: Prof. Dr. Alexandra Kertz-Welzel
- Community music has become one of the most successful concepts in international music pedagogy over the last decades. It is an appeal to rethink the understanding of musical learning and teaching.
- Community music tries to break down barriers between musical learning in school and community. Music pedagogy in social work or culture management are defined to be important areas of research activities as well as music learning in old age.
- Ideas like inclusion, participation and informal learning are transferred effectively between Community Music and music pedagogy.
- The research project focuses on adapting the international concept of Community Music to the German music pedagogy. This website is a first step to present Community Music to German scholars and researchers.
- It is the goal to create a community music database where activities can be found as well as support, initially in Munich, and later nationwide.